But the real usage of thank you here is for RYAN! Just two days after his birthday celebration, I received an early birthday present...
Ryan and I are not usually gift givers, so this was a super thoughtful gift and surprise (though I did find out about it before the delivery).
Ryan knew I had been checking Craigslist for pianos for a while now...just daydreaming and wishing we had a piano. I don't really even play. I just love the idea of having a piano in our living room as a way to welcome in music and anyone who wants to play a few notes.
Well, Mr. Icanfindeverygooddealoncraigslist scored us this great piano for FREE!! All he had to do was pick it up! (I really shouldn't say all he had to do, because I know a lot of time went into finding it, and pianos are not exactly light to move around.)
We had planned on taking off the mirror on top because it had a big crack in it, and replacing it with maybe some cool tile artwork or something, but when we took off the mirror we found that that it got even better.... (and that it is from 1903!)
Needless to say, there has been lots of music-making in our midst...and I'm totally loving every minute of it!
4 comments:
Oh, awesome! I want a piano too, because with two piano-teaching grandmas Eleanor is definitely going to get lessons. :)
Cute picture of Ryan and Ezra,
Love, Mom
The naked bum is the best statement: so excited about the piano, don't have time for diapers! Love it.
I guess I should have read this post first!
How great about getting a piano! I'm sure you life will revolve around the piano now!
love,
megan
Post a Comment