Friday, November 11, 2011

The mama house!

Ryan is on tour for two weeks right now. As I type he is Maine, soon to travel to PA and then MA...then NY and DC. He returns on November 20th. I have a wonderful community of friends and family keeping me company in the meantime.

Stephanie invited me over for dinner on Tuesday, but I truthfully told her that I felt like we needed a night at home...and that dinnertime can sometimes be a hard time to be out and about with Ezra (especially when he is missing his Dada). So, she came over with the boys! (Her husband, Joel, was going to be gone for the evening too.) I really wish I had taken photos and videos of the whole evening, but I only have a couple of snippets.

The first 10 minutes or so were filled with Owen and Ezra chasing each other around the house and screaming with excitement.

They ate dinner sitting at the little table, just the two of them in total silence while focusing on getting every last bite of pasta into their little mouths. It was really quite adorable!

Then we remembered we had bought some gluten-free donuts to hang on a string for a halloween game that we never got to, so we decided that would be a fun game to play. As were doing it, I asked if we were supposed to tie their hands behind their back, but that felt too much like child abuse...hanging donuts on strings for them to eat was funny enough. I would love to know what they were thinking. The only place we could find to hang them was from the shower curtain rod. And, surprisingly they were quick to not use their hands, (however now that I'm looking at photos I realize I was also pretty much feeding the donuts to them). It was hilarious, perhaps even more fun for the mamas watching...




They stayed for baths...even Otto got to take a bath with the boys!


It was really quite the perfect afternoon/evening. Thanks for keeping me company!

1 comment:

Stephanie Jayne said...

Such a memorable evening! So glad to have a friend to pass the time with while the hubbies are gone/busy ;) Thanks friend!