Wednesday, April 04, 2012

Guess where we are??

DISNEY WORLD!!!

My parents have ever so generously flown the whole family (my sister, brother-in-law, their 5 kids, my brother's daughter, and our little family of 3) down to Florida to spend the week together at a resort and hitting the parks.

I was in Disney World once before, when I was 4, but truthfully I don't remember any of it.
I had no idea that
a.) it is soooo BIG (as in over 30,000 acres or 47 square miles!)
b.) that it has so much education infused into the rides, activities, etc.
c.) there are so many things for toddlers to do!

The first morning we woke up here, was Ezra's 2nd Birthday! (How is it that he is 2 already?? I think the second year flew by even faster than the first!) We didn't receive our luggage (long and frustrating story that thankfully had a happy ending), so he slept in his clothes. And at 10:30am, we deemed it okay to wake him up to a choir of cousins singing of Happy Birthday.


And the first park we hit up was Magic Kingdom. Here are my boys on the carousel...


And here they are riding on a boat through "It's a Small World"...one of Ezra's favorite rides...


Ezra and me on the race track...Ezra stearing of course...(my brother-in-law and nephew are in the car right behind us)...


Lydia, Nichole, Alyssa, and Roger at the park before dinner...


Ezra mountain climbing...


Puddle splashing after dinner...


Some were "worried" ahead of time that Ezra wouldn't know who any of the characters were, but it only took him seeing them once for the names to stick. Now, if he sees Donald Duck, Mickey Mouse, or Pluto he will point and shout out there names! (Kristy, if you are reading this...at first he got excited about Pluto because he just recognized him as a dog...then we taught him his name...and now he is a big fan! :)

Random side note: Ezra now likes to call Dada "Uncle Ryan" to be like my nieces and nephew :)

3 comments:

Eileen Short said...

Happy Birthday Ezra!!!
(Uncle Ryan...how cute!)

Kristy said...

OK, I know this is silly, but I am totally tearing up at the fact that Ezra loves Pluto. So glad you guys are having a good time!!! :)

Kristy said...

PS, it's days like this that make me wish I could go back and work there whenever I wanted, just so I could participate in Ezra's meeting with Pluto (you know what I'm talking about). :)