Wednesday, April 18, 2012

We will miss OWEN!!!

On Saturday our friends Stephanie, Joel, Owen and Otto will be moving to Colorado! Sadness does not even begin to describe how I feel about the situation. We met them in our birthing class when I was pregnant with Ezra, and Stephanie was pregnant with Owen. Stephanie has become such a great friend whom I can call on a moment's notice to spend the morning or afternoon with while our boys tot around. In fact we often spend several days a week together. Stephanie always makes sure we have a girls' sewing night at my house when Ryan is out on tour. She always loads me up on yummy treats that she has made. And, as the boys have EC'd/potty trained...we have been fine just letting them run around naked at each other's houses so they can go potty at a moment's notice.

Owen is Ezra's BFF. Seriously, these boys play so well together it makes me want to chase after them and go start the commune in Colorado. Last weekend we were at the park and Ezra ran to the grass, took off his shoes and laid down. Two seconds later, Owen did the same exact thing. Then they ran around and chased each other. They take turns with each other better than Ezra does with anyone else. And they laugh harder together than Ezra does with anyone else.

We will miss them dearly (and hopefully visit often)! :)

Here's a little slide show of the boys over the years (can you believe I can actually write years???):



























5 comments:

Katie said...

Aww, they are so cute together!

Eileen Short said...

Just adorable. It's heartbreaking when friends move away.

You and Stephanie are phenomenal women, such a joy to be around...seems like a friendship made in heaven. Will be praying for both of you!

Anonymous said...

I don't remember any child having a best friend at such a young age.
I remember when you were home and he would form a little "O" with his little hand and say "O", "O" wanting Owen. Safe journies and adventures for Owens and his family. Love, Mom

Mira Conklin said...

I'm sorry that such good friends will now be so far away :(

Stephanie Jayne said...

Oh Abby, reading this just made me sooo sad :(...But also very thankful for your friendship and the sweet buddies that "O" and "E" are together. Looking forward to being pen pals, and trips to Tucson (and Longmont!) to see each other! Thanks for being such an amazing friend and "momma Abby" to Owen (yes, he did say that today ;)