Thursday, April 13, 2006

LA part 2

Tuesday afternoon we set out for another roadtrip to LA...


We stayed in one of the shadiest hotels that I've ever been in that night. We were so nervous that someone was going to break in to our room while we went for dinner that hid the laptops under the bed and then put the guitars under the covers to make it look like someone was sleeping there! But, it was pretty humorous to look at...


That night we went out for dinner at a great Mexican restaurant to celebrate Cameron being a new homeowner!! He got a great house WITH a pool!! And...he'll be living very close to us, which is nice. Afterwards we went and played some putt putt golf...Ryan reigned, with Cameron being a close 2nd...I was a not very close 3rd. :) ALTHOUGH, I was the only one with a hole in one...although saying that probably makes it more embarrassing that I still came in wayyy last. :)


We got back to our hotel safe and sound...nobody stole a thing! :) The guys practiced for a bit....


Wednesday the guys rehearsed all day with the drummer who will be on their next album. They had a great time with him...said that he was just a really good guy, and overall they are super super excited that they get to play with him! While they were with him, I spent the afternoon with my friend Katie (I know her from City Year in Boston)...we walked around UCLA, sat, talked for 7 HOURS straight! And, just had a really good time. She is new to LA and doesn't really have any close girlfriends there, so I think we were in the same situation and just really excited to have another girlfriend to spend the whole day chatting with. We had dinner with her boyfriend Adam...who is also from City Year. I love the perk of traveling all over and getting to see friends who have dispersed throughout the country! :)

1 comment:

Liz & Ryan said...

good thinking on the guitar-as-fake-body plan. Very smart. CONGRATS to Cameron on buying a house!!! Man...all this talk of house-buying makes me want to move to AZ. Maybe my Ryan can find a PhD program he likes.......hmmm....hmmm....