Last Saturday I woke at 6am to go hiking with some people that I had met at a church I visited the week prior. Now, 6am is a VERY early morning here in the Green household. Our days usually start somewhere between 8am and 9:30am usually... Nonetheless, I woke up and was suprisingly wide awake and ready to go! I had been hiking at Sabino Canyon once before with Ryan on my first trip ever to Arizona (just over 1 year ago), however this time we took a different trail and made it a new experience. The trailhead we took was called Seven Falls...and the name came from the fact that you actually hike into the canyon until you reach 7 beautiful waterfalls that at the bottom create a pool of water that all the water-deprived Arizonans hike to so that they can go swimming in! It was an amazingly beautiful hike...and I even got to see an endangered species, albeit extremely poisonous, a gila monster--one of the only two venomous lizards in the world! Supposedly the younger gila monsters are more dangerous than the older ones because they don't know how to control their venom and let it all out at once when they bite you...good thing no one was attacked on this trip. :) I had such a fun time...I told Ryan that it may have even been the most fun I've had since moving to AZ while not with him (he was in WA for a show)..
The first natural body of water that I've seen in AZ...

The area we were hiking in....

The gila monster...

Seven Falls...

Tucsonans swimming away...

The group of people I went hiking with...

That evening, Ryan and Cameron played a show at the U of A out on the lawn. Due to some technical difficulties, they ended up doing the show acoustic and sat on the edge of the stage with everyone gathered close and sitting on the ground...it was a pretty memorable show!
2 comments:
I want to see photos! Where did they go??? Glad to see that everything is going well. Keeping you guys in my thoughts and in my prayers. Much love to everyone! Kristy
was there actually water in those water falls? I saw rocks and a small pool...time to buy a camelback Abby.
;-)
Post a Comment