
It's Rodeo Week in Tucson! School is closed for 3 days, Western Warehouse is having a huge sale on Wranglers, and I even borrowed a pair of cowboy boots to look like I fit in. :)
After church today a group of us had lunch at Pico de Gallo...I even got pico de gallo (fruit with chili powder, salt, and lemon sprinkled/juiced onto it)...I know some of you may be saying, "That's not what pico de gallo is...it's salsa!, but we asked the woman who owns the place and she said that the salsa like stuff is technically pico, although it's a regional thing and it can vary from place to place what what is called. ...mom you would probably like the type of pico de gallo that I had today! :)
(Eileen, David, Melissa, Chris, Randy, Lanie, Ryan, and me)

Then, we headed down to the rodeo grounds, only to see...

This is how that made us feel...

Even though we were looking like cowboys (Ryan in his Wranglers, I in my boots)...

The most we got to see was...

Next year we'll be buying our tickets in advance! :)
2 comments:
sorry to hear you couldn't get in...you guys looked great and the food sounds delicious!
i might try to start rodeo week in boston...what do you think?
miss you both and can't wait to see you!
xo,
jill
that is awesome! i love hearing about the things/events that completely close down a town!
im so glad i found out about your blog - although i shoulda checked it out earlier b/c i just got completely sucked into reading every single entry in one sitting! i now feel a little more caught up with your life!
i am glad to hear youre doing so well. i think i need to start lookin into plane tickets for a visit - i miss you guys!! take care and ill call you soon ab!
love - cori-
Post a Comment