Thursday, August 07, 2008

Geek Squad?

Last year one of my many odd jobs included helping snow birds (retirees who live in Tucson for only the winter) learn how to use their apple computers better. Now, I wouldn't call myself a computer expert by any means. In fact, Ryan is the one in our family who does all the tech support. So, needless to say, I was a bit nervous when I was first asked to go over to someone's house and help them learn how to use their new Apple. Yesterday, I got a call from one of my old computer clients asking if I could come over and help her. Again, I got the same nervous feeling, worried that she would want me to do something way over my head, but quickly I was reminded of how basic the snowbird's questions seem to be...

1.) How can I print just the page with the actual flight itinerary and not all of the terms and conditions?

2.) How can I email an article from the New York Post to a friend? (This was my favorite, because their was even a button on the page of the article that said "email to friend"). :)

3.) How do I bookmark something?

And this question was from a previous time of working with her, but still a favorite...

4.) How do I correct something I mis-spelled at the top of an email without deleting the whole thing?

No comments: