Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Grammie's House...

We celebrated Lori's birthday tonight at Grammie's house. There is just something so warm and comforting about going over there. Ryan thinks its the soft carpet that just begs to be walked on barefoot. I think it's the soft music that seems to be on in every room. Or, perhaps it's hearing Grammie's warm laugh repeatedly throughout the night...paired with Lori's laugh, and everyone smiles!

We leave for the tour exactly one week from today. My bag is mostly packed. It is so much easier to pack this time knowing what I actually need...2 pairs of pants, 4 shirts, a couple of running outfits...and of course season 2 of Little House on the Prairie! Going on tour for three months is filled with such mixed emotions. I'm bummed to not get to watch my friend Melissa get a little more pregnant with each passing day. (But, she promises to send me lots of pictures!) And, I'm also excited to see the family and friends that live everywhere but Tucson. If you live in a city that we'll be playing in or looks like we'll be passing through...please let us know, we'd love to meet up with you!! I can't tell you enough how nice it is to see a face we actually know while we are on tour! The schedule is at www.ryanhood.com.

Well, Ryan is already in bed...so I should go join him!
good night!

No comments: