Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Glad yesterday is over...

Ryan had an endoscopy yesterday morning, so I went with him to be his designated driver home. He has different reactions to the anesthesia every time. When he had one done when we were in Boston, he became Mr. Funny Man and wouldn't stop singing Jason Mraz, trying to get every word in during the "rap" sections...the nurses and I were laughing until we almost peed our pants.
Last year's endoscopy left him very very sick.
And this year, he became Mr. Well-Informed. The nurse told me that Ryan told her all about why she needed to do certain biopsies and how they are done. She asked if he was a medical student, and he just replied with "I get these done all the time." The best part, is that Ryan doesn't recall any of this conversation, nor does he really know why or how to do the biopsies.
As for the need for the endoscopy, Ryan has something called Eosinophilic Esophagitis (EE) and Barrett's Esophagus, so he needs to get regular endoscopies to monitor how his esophagus is doing. Nothing to worry about, but feel free to pray about!

So, as for the title of this blog...I couldn't seem to get anywhere with anything yesterday, no matter how hard I tried. While I was waiting in the doctor's office with Ryan, I tried sewing some mittens for a Christmas gift. After I finished the last stitch, I tried them on only to find that I had made two left handed mittens!

While Ryan was sleeping at home, I decided to run some errands on the other side of town that I had been procrastinating, only to get to the store and find out that it's closed on Mondays!

I decided to head home to check on my patient, but instead of being a caregiver, I fell asleep for 3 hours.

Walgreens pharmacy informed me that NONE of Ryan's prescriptions that the doctor wrote will be covered by insurance.

And, when I finally started making dinner at 9:30pm, I discovered that the ground beef had gone bad.

Today has been much better though so far. It's rainy and cool (60s) here, which has the same sort of feeling as a snow day (although not nearly as pretty). I stayed in my pajamas until 10:30am, and even then I just put on some yoga pants and a shirt that I thought looked presentable for going out and about. We are heading over to Papa David's tonight for Christmas with him...I'm looking forward to spending time with family for the holidays, and it all starts today!

Have a wonderful Tuesday!

p.s. for anyone wondering, the previous post is NOT a photo of me, although I do hope I look that beautiful when I'm pregnant some day. :)

No comments: