Friday, December 12, 2008

The Great Cover Up!

There is an annual 3-day musical happening in Tucson every year called The Great Cover Up where local Tucson bands take the stage covering other mainstream acts. Ryanhood is participating for the first time this year...their disguise? Flight of the Conchords! I've included a youtube video of one of their performances...if you haven't heard/seen them before, have fun...they're fun...



In preparation for this event taking place tomorrow night, Ryan has been growing a beard, and we bought a wig to try to get the hair looking just right. In the picture online, the wig looked PERFECT for Ryan's character, however once we got it...it looked like a total clown wig. So, to the Hair Tree we went to try to get it cut/straightened/real curled/etc.


This morning when he tried on the wig though, he thought it still needed some trimming. So, it was my turn to cut away. The one thing that I didn't take into consideration when I offered to cut it, was that Ryan comes from a beauty salon family. (His mom owns a salon, his grandma used to cut hair, etc.) I was quickly getting requests for jagged cuts as to not make it look to straight...to thin it out...and to put layers in it...I did my best. :) It was fun, and the wig looks rockin' now!



If you are in Tucson and want to come...Saturday night (Dec. 13)...10pm (please note the time change)...Club Congress.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's Business Time :) I love Flight of the Conchords! Hope you have a great time at the show!

Jessie