After much debate about whether or not to get the H1N1 vaccine, I decided I was for it. The thought of getting H1N1 and it affecting our baby while knowing there was something I could've done to prevent it just didn't feel right for me personally. My getting the vaccine was in effort to protect our family.
The problem since I made this decision though has been that the vaccine just hasn't been widely available, at least not in the injection form which is recommended for pregnant women. Ryan heard a 2-second clip on NPR the other day though advertising a HUGE vaccination clinic consisting of 6,000 H1N1 vaccines (5,100 injection and 900 nasal spray) at Tucson Electric Park (our minor league baseball stadium) to be held today from 1-7pm. We went this afternoon, waited in line for 1.5 hours while sipping FREE bottles of cold water, looking at lots of cute kids and many cute pregnant mamas...and walked out vaccinated...all for free...Thanks Pima County! :)
1 comment:
oh yes, that is a hard decision. i just had the same conversation with my mom. and i promised her that if I was encouraged to get the vaccine that I would just for her.
love,
megan
Post a Comment