I've been working part-time at the Botanical Gardens Cafe for the past couple of months. And, the trainees have me laughing, not intentionally, but they just say the funniest things (in all seriousness), with which I have to restrain myself not to laugh outloud at, but rather practice my parenting skills of keeping a straight face.
"This weather is cold {mind you "cold in AZ means 60 degrees}, and I am used to cold weather because I used to live in Louisiana and California, and let me tell you...it gets cold there!"
(hmmm...I used to live in Michigan and Massachussetts, I don't buy that it gets all too cold in LA and CA.)
Trainee: "Abby, what do you plan on naming your baby?"
Me: "We're keeping it a surprise, but we do have names picked out."
Trainee: "Well, just make sure that you don't use one of those common names that is getting overused these days."
Me: "What are the common names I should stay away from?"
Trainee: "Ralph, George, and Juanita...that's what everyone names their baby."
(really?? I haven't met a Ralph, George, or Juanita under the age of 60 in quite sometime...but don't worry, we are taking his advice and steering clear of those common names anyway.)
4 comments:
oh my goodness. the second one had me laughing out loud, and it just got funnier the more i thought about it!
love,
megan
and since Melissa didn't snatch it up, there's always Wesley - but probably falls into the common category as well!
Flora Ethel is a very common family name.
And I was so hoping for a Juanita Verde. I still may call your baby that. Unless it's a boy...then I'll go with the generically overused, Ralph.
Post a Comment