For my birthday (yes, I turned 30 a few weeks ago!), we went up to Phoenix to see Little House on the Prairie the Musical! It was wonderful..truly, wonderful in every way. And, none other than Melissa Gilbert (the actress who played Laura Ingalls on the TV show) starred as Ma (Or Caroline Ingalls if you will). Every time she would smile, she looked just like "Laura". And, the person who played Nelly...had her role nailed down perfectly. Every mannerism and bratty action totally fit the part. I cried when it was over...no, it was not a sad ending like so many of the episodes are, I was just happy to have seen it...and sad it was over all too soon. I definitely think a certain Ellen W. I know would have made a great cast member in the show...maybe for a future tour they do. :)

Melissa Gilbert as Ma.
2 comments:
i had no idea there was a musical!!! that would be super fun to see. and oh my, if our ellen w. went, we would not hear the end of how great it was and how much she would want to be in the show! tomorrow is the book club...the Long Winter is up for discussion!! it is too precious to watch these girls discuss the books.
love,
megan
when i heard about this musical coming to town, i thought of you right away! i guess i need to watch an episode, because at this time, all i want to do is make inapprop jokes! so glad you got to see it.
Post a Comment