Friday, March 26, 2010

Last little bit of nesting...

Everyone keeps asking me, "Are you nesting?". I think I am. I don't think you'll find me scrubbing the oven with a toothbrush or our baseboards (ever)...but I feel like in other ways I've been creating our little nest, just right for our babe to come home to.

The diapers are washed...


More wool covers have been made, this time using recycled sweaters...


Our bedroom now has all the necessities for a little one to join us...


Our living room is ready for rockin'!


A fresh batch of yogurt is in the crockpot as I type...


And of course, I had to make some granola to go along with the yogurt...


It wouldn't be right to allow spring to begin without some homemade sorbet (lemon-blackberry flavor, that is)...


And, of course the ginger snap cookies that must be eaten with the sorbet...


Ryan and I have been enjoying lots of great quality time together as just the two of us, eating dinners on the back patio, going for walks, and playing cards. We are very eager to meet our little one any day now!!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

enjoy your alone time while you can;)

Anonymous said...

I am so excited for you and Ryan! I can't wait to hear the news!!

Love,
Jessie

jill said...

yummmm it all looks so good.
sending lots of love from maine.
xo,
j

Jana's Blog said...

Wow, i wish i was your baby! Thinking about you everyday now...

Mira Conklin said...

Looks like you and Ryan are all ready and have enjoyed this time of anticipation! I just held the 2-day old baby of some friends and thought of you guys. Pure sweetness.
Love,
Mira

Anonymous said...

the best part of all is that your home is filled with love and life! and the next best part is that you make really yummy looking food!!

love,
megan