
It has been on my wish list for quite some time to upgrade my pots and pans to cast iron. Just the other week I made my first step in this direction by purchasing (with a gift card to Target) a 5 quart cast iron dutch oven. It's a real beauty. Well, it's not as pretty as the enamel coated ones...those are drool worthy, but still, I'm in total love with this pot. After each use, it requires washing, drying and re-"seasoning" which means a coat of oil. Lots of TLC, just like all good things in life.
Have any good dutch oven recipes? Send them my way! (Yes Nichole, that is a gentle reminder that you said you have a great dutch oven bread recipe. :)
3 comments:
Hey girl,
Very nice! Saw some nice usage of them here (and just met and had lunch with Alissa, the blogger, yesterday):
http://inspiredrd.com/2010/11/crooked-thanksgiving.html
Jessie has some dutch oven recipes on her site.
And lastly, non-related, but looks awesome: (she likes to post recipes with food she received in her bountiful basket each week...her background is as a clinical dietitian)
http://inspiredrd.com/2010/11/pear-pomegranate-christmas-salad.html
Awesome! Save a couple of the light weight pans for when I come to visit and for Ezra to play with;) Only 24 days until I see you and your family's beautiful eyes. Love, Mom
I am sending the bread recipe email now! :) Happy Birthday! Love, Nik
Post a Comment