...okay, so this blog post isn't really about we don't have a dog, but I just found out something rather embarrassing today.
But first, the back story....
In 5th or 6th grade we were reading aloud in class, the style where one student reads a paragraph, and then the next...and on and on. Well, I just so happened to have to read the word "Chihuahua" which I pronounced "cha-who-a-who-a" and got totally laughed at. (Don't worry, I can laugh about it now. :)
Well, today (and several times since living here) I saw a sign for Dachshund puppies. Which in my head I pronounced "Dah-shewned" and always wondered what kind of dog that was. Only today to have the "a-ha" moment of "oh my goodness, that is how you spell 'Doxin'"!!... Oh la la la...if I only I could say this doesn't happen too often, but the truth is, this is my every single day life...and it makes me laugh almost as hard as it makes Ryan laugh.
5 comments:
Lol, that's awesome! Kinda like that moment in high school when I realized "epitomy" and "ep-i-tome" were actually the same word epitome. :P
Oh, and ask Meagan about the AM radio...that totally tops any "blonde" moment you've ever had!
Abby, don't worry - I've had many such moments, as Jessica has most kindly mentioned. :P
There's an old saying, "the apple doesn't fall far from the tree".
Love, Mom
ummmm you are not alone-i had no clue. thanks for sharing. xo, jana
Post a Comment