He started cutting his first tooth, which as you know, is a hard thing to do. I can see the tooth, but it just hasn't popped through the gum yet. Most of the day he just wanted to be held and cuddled...so that is a lot of what we did. We snuggled in the chair. We snuggled on the couch. I wore him in a carrier while I baked cupcakes and gluten-free muffins. I was feeling sad about how miserable he seemed to be feeling on his birthday, and finally it dawned on me that he needed a birthday balloon! So I wore him while we walked to Fry's to pick out his birthday balloon. If you have a 1 year old, or even an almost 1 year old...balloons are magical! Ezra was in awe of his balloon and would not let go of it for a second. He carried it all the way home from the grocery store and would smile when he saw it across the room at home...I'm not kidding when I say that I have never seen him light up about something so much (except for when he sees his dad walk in the room).
In the morning Jessica and Eleanor came over, which was very fun. Jessica and I did a little sewing.
Ezra and Eleanor wanted to help too...
When playing with sharp needles and heavy machinery was not an option...they tried to break free and get into the backyard...
As always, playing with balls was a highlight...Ezra is not to sold on the idea of sharing yet though...
Ezra serenaded us...
And Eleanor checked out the potty for size... (that long thing next to Ezra is the draft blocker we sewed!)...
The both enjoyed climbing...on the same thing at the same time of course...
And here's just a head shot of him, because he is the birthday boy afterall. :)
(most of those photos should be credited to Jessica Howard :)
After Jessica and Eleanor left, Ezra spent most of the day right here...with his hand in his mouth like so...
But then we got the balloon and his face lit up like this (the balloon is on the top of the string, but sadly I didn't get that in the photo)...
The balloon even received a round of applause.
...and some open mouth kisses...
3 comments:
How precious...love the balloon pictures.
Happy Birthday, handsome Ezra!!
those pictures are absolutely cute!
he sure loves that balloon!
love,
ellen wallenfang
hooray for birthday #2 and the tooth! but sorry about the pain :(
love,
megan
Post a Comment