Monday, April 25, 2011

Happy Easter!

It is a yearly tradition (with the exception of last year since Ezra was only 3 days old) to go to an outdoor sunrise Easter service. I love being outside, surrounded by the mountains, and others who also want to watch the sunrise as we celebrate the resurrection of Jesus.

The air was sort-of crisp (afterall Easter did fall much later this year causing for summer to be well underway already in Tucson). Ezra talked throughout the entire service, picked some flowers, clapped whenever he felt it was appropriate, and laughed whenever everyone was quiet. And even though no one knew us (we went to church just down the street...I am not ambitious enough to wake up early enough to have to drive somewhere at that hour of the morning)...we were greeted with lots of people thanking us for all of the baby sounds after the service. I love it when people love the realities of having a baby around, and not just the cuteness that also comes with babies.

When we got home, Ezra found the Easter bucket of goodies that Mary, Ray, and Rachel had dropped off. Who knew Easter eggs were so much fun to open and close? I think I may have to pack some with me for our next plan ride...



Later in the morning we went over to Lori's for brunch. I ate lots of cheesy quiche goodness, and so far Ezra seems to be just fine...yay!

I forgot to bring my camera, so the photos I have are sized a little funky. Here is Ezra looking for Easter eggs...




And after we both took a nap, we went to the park. (sidenote: For those in Tucson, Erik Hite Memorial Park on Old Spanish Trail between 29th St. and Houghton Rd. is wonderful!)






Happy Easter!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Did you go to the church at the end of your street?

Stephanie said...

That park is a GEM. Thanks for recommending it to me this past winter.

Attending a sunrise service sounds lovely (in theory), but we're not early risers these days. Maybe we'll try it when our kids get a little older...

stephanie@metropolitanmama.net