Saturday, June 04, 2011

Festival of the Arts!

When I booked my ticket to come to Michigan, I didn't even think about the fact that it would be Festival of the Arts weekend in Grand Rapids. When I was growing up, Grand Rapids wasn't much of a city (though it seems to be quite happening now)...and Festival of the Arts was the one of two cool things that happened every year. (The other was the fireworks display on the 4th of July.)

Festival this year was no exception. Good food. Good music. Good people watching.

Ezra knew just who to go to for a tasty treat (and he held his stomach as if to say "yummm" everytime he got a bite)...








He stared at the people through the fence long enough that they finally came over and gave him a toy...


He danced for all to see...


And went home nice and sweaty with a balloon...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

looks like a great time! isn't it so beautiful how a child can help to build community----i'm sure everyone loved to watch him dance and appreciated his presence.

love,
megan