Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Mystery Solved

I drove the big green van to pick up Ryan when he returned from China. Inside the van was a large box that I assumed was from the last Ryanhood tour and just not cleaned out of the van yet.

When Ryan got in the van he asked about the box, and I responded by saying (with too much confidence), "Its from your tour in April...the van was never cleaned out". He didn't buy it and opened the box to find instructions for building a playhouse. Then we noticed the box was addressed to Ezra Green, but no indication of who it was from. We were totally confused. Where did this box come from? How did it get in our (locked) van? And, who was it from?

I considered posting on facebook to see if anyone had a clue to our puzzle. But not having internet stopped me from doing that.

I also thought about calling the company that made it to see if they could tell me whose name was used for billing.

Once Ryan got online, he saw an email from Cameron saying that he had stopped by our house while we were both gone and saw the box on our porch and put it in the van for safe keeping. That solved part of the mystery, but we still had no idea who it was from!

About a week later, our friends Katie and Steve from NYC came over with their daughter Emily, and said, "did you ever receive a package from us?" Wow, that was easier to solve that we expected...but I can't even tell you how confused we were for so many days. It was kind of fun to have a secret package.

Ezra loves it! Thanks Katie, Steve, and Emily!



And here is sweet Emily!! (Ezra wanted to make sure he had fresh breath for her...)

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

Those color-on houses are so fun!

I'm sure the package was doubly fun since it was unexpected. :)

stephanie@metropolitanmama.net