Wednesday, June 08, 2011

Lake Michigan parts deux et tois

Yesterday Ezra and I drove to South Haven to meet up with my friend Kerry at my grandpa's house. It was wonderful. My grandpa and Barb made us a feast for dinner (every meal with them is a feast), then we went down to the State Park to play on the beach. Ezra fell asleep on the drive to there, so I left his bathing suit in the car assuming he'd sleep in my carrier the whole time we were at the beach. Wrong. Oops! So, I let him go naked. I am sure he much preferred being naked anyway.

Playing in the sand with Kerry. Note his farmer's tan on his legs...his arms are just as bad. I have no idea how this has happened since I lather him with sunscreen all the time...oh well, it's cute...and so is he.


Testing out the water that felt oh so nice!


After playing in the sand and water for a while, we strolled the beach as the sun was setting and Ezra fell asleep. We walked on the edge of the water...my pant legs getting wet...our hair and faces and windblown...I just love that feeling.


Kerry and I stayed up late talking after I put Ezra to bed. And then this morning we headed back to Lake Michigan to play in the sand again. Thanks for visiting Kerry, I loved getting to spend time with you!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

that sounds like a very special couple of days in so many ways!

love,
megan