Friday, July 08, 2011

Happy 4th of July!

Ryanhood played their annual show at the Hilton El Conquistador again this year. Ezra and I played in the pool all afternoon. Ate a yummy dinner at the hotel. Then, took our place on the lawn for the show to begin.

I guess I should back up a little. At home, Ezra LOVES to wear Ryan's headphones. We often turn music on when he has them on and he totally rocks out. So, his ear protectors for concerts have also served as a really fun thing to wear, even though they don't play music...he just loves wearing them...he will wear them for hours at a time. In fact, he wore them throughout dinner at the hotel and someone asked if he has sensitive ears. :)

Well, fast forward now with me to the concert. Ezra wore his ear protectors with a smug little grin as if to say, "I look so cool" for the entire opening act. He left them on for the first Ryanhood song, and then pulled them off and realized, "Wait a minute, I can hear better without these things on. That's not how it works at home. At home, I put headphones on and I get loud music. Something is wrong here and I am not falling for this trick." And thus the ear protectors remained off the rest of the show. Our great plan totally worked against us. Hmmf.

Ezra with his ear protection tossed aside...


Kristin (Rachel's friend), Rachel, Ray, and Mary...


Lori and Sara...


The screen in the photo above behind Lori and Sara was where they displayed the laser light show (no fireworks since the state is on fire). How was the laser light show you ask? It was about as cool as it sounds.

Me and my favorite little guy...


Ryanhood!

No comments: