Wednesday, June 06, 2012

Adventure

It seems as if I do a lot of napping lately.  There was definitely a 30 minute chunk of the day yesterday where I'm not exactly sure what Ezra did because I was fast asleep (unplanned).  But, the house remains standing, so all is good. 

During my "I'm-so-tired-I-can't-keep-my-eyes-open-for-one-more-second" nap on Monday, Ryan and Ezra went on a little adventure down the street. 

What 2 year old doesn't perk up to the sound of a fire truck siren?  And, even more exciting, a fire trucking roaring down our street??


Ryan and Ezra headed out the door to get a closer look.  The ambulance was what was really needed more than the fire truck, so the firefighter asked Ezra if he wanted to drive the truck.  Now a little back story, any time Ezra sees an airplane, fire truck, excavator, or a trash truck the first thing he says is, "Ezra drive it?" followed by, "I ask the driver / pilot?"  So, to have the firefighter come right out and ask Ezra if he wanted to drive it was super exciting!!  Of course though in the moment, Ezra was feeling a bit shy...so he and Ryan drove it together.


And, he was awarded a sticker for his bravery...


If I ask Ezra about the firetruck experience he says, "I was brave" and "ambulance help neighbor...bonked his head".

If Ryan asks Ezra about it, he says, "Ezra drive ambulance??"

No comments: