Monday, June 18, 2012

Who Needs a Nap?

Mama, that's who!    :)

Ezra has decided that about 2 days out of the week he'd prefer not to nap.  In fact, he'll even state, "I don't want to take a nap."  However, I totally depend on my afternoon nap these days.  Just ask Ryan, I have given up cooking and cleaning, to sleep instead.  :)

Some may think that this means he is about done with napping, but the confusing thing is that the other 5 days that he does nap...they range any where from 2 to 3.5 hours long.  Kids, there is just no predicting what they have in mind and that's okay.

Last week we had one of those days where Ezra decided he didn't need to nap.  Thankfully, he played in his room while I still napped.  However, this is what I walked into after letting him play by himself for 2 hours while I slept...  :)





2 comments:

Eileen Short said...

oh c'mon ezra, just take daily naps for mama...she needs her rest, especially with this summer heat. Kaia's actually starting to wean from naps but she has "feet off the floor time" where she has to stay in bed, but can play with books and toys that she's picked out. Over half the time, I will go check on her in there and she'll be asleep. But she won't sleep if I let her do "Kaia in her room time." Weird, huh?

How Jess Reads said...

Ha! He looks so proud of himself. I'm wondering if we're heading that direction too...