Ryan was invited to play with Calexico as part of the "Get Out the Vote" Ron Barber event at the Rialto Theater on Saturday night.
It was an early event, so I brought Ezra so that he could see Ryan play. It was a blast. I love how much Ezra loves music and can identify the different instruments. With so much excitement he kept listing them off, "trombone" "trumpet" "shakers" "double bass" "piano" "guitar" "electric guitar"..."Dada's green electric guitar!" I wish I had brought my camera so I could have taken a photo of the band, as well as of Ezra as cute as can be with his ear protectors on (which he amazingly never tried taking off this time...sigh...the benefits of him getting older?!).
Here is a photo I snagged off the internet of Mark Kelly, Gabby Giffords, Ron and Nancy Barber (they spoke just before Calexico played).

No comments:
Post a Comment