So, just to back track a wee bit..
Last week Ryan and I went swimming at Grammie's pool...water temp of 86 degrees! Ryan taught me how to play the toothpick game. One person places a toothpick at the bottom of the pool and then both jump in and try to find it (no goggles or opening eyes under water allowed)...it's pretty tricky, in fact the only times I ever won were when we waited long enough for the toothpick to float to the top. :) Afterwards we had dinner and played "Gimme Five" with Ryan's mom and grammie...Ryan and his mom won big time...but only because I was tired from having swam. :)

This past Friday (Cinco de Mayo) Grammie and I went shopping for a dining room table...we drove all over south Tucson going to Mexican import stores, but couldn't find what we were looking for...so finally we decided to go back to a store (Tres Amigos) that I had been to about 8 times already in the past 3 days. Just as we were pulling up, they were putting up a huge banner that said "20% off everything in the store"! Needless to say, we found exactly what we were looking for...plus a few extra items...



After we got all of the furniture, we went back to South Tucson to get some good/authentic Mexican food...we went to this absolute hole-in-the-wall place that had the best mexican food that I've ever had! I was kicking myself for not having my camera with me b/c our waitress was this ~60 year old spunky woman wearing the cutest yellow traditional mexican dress.
Tonight I went with Mary (Ryan's stepmom) and Rachel (Ryan's half sister) to a huge Cinco de Mayo/Mexican Mother's Day celebration that was sponsored by the Spanish radio station here in Tucson. It was a really cool event...great music, lots of people salsa dancing in the crowd, and fun food (i.e. mango on a stick dipped in chili sauce...)...

No comments:
Post a Comment