Saturday, May 20, 2006

School Lunch!

Last week I went home to Michigan for an unexpected death in the family. It was an incredibly sad situation, but so good to be with family. I got to spend time with cousins that I hadn't really had that much time to hang out with since I was in elementary/middle school, got to visit my nieces at school and share in their lunch period, and I got to be home for Mother's Day!

At lunch with Alyssa....


At lunch with Lydia...


The fancy life of a small town, lunch at Red Rock Grille, where I got to meet the janitor of Lil' Rog's school and also see people I used to work with in high school...


Lunch with Emma, Lil' Rog and Nichole...


Ryan and I were apart for 15 days!! That's the longest we've ever had to go...even when we were living in Boston, we were never apart for that long. So good to be home with him now! This past week we went with Lori to hear some bluegrass music, Ryan and I took our first swing dancing lesson, Sara got her wisdom teeth out, and last night we made the first good dinner we've had time to make in a while, and then saw a movie ("Inside Man"--very good!) and had ice cream with Chris and Melissa (our couple friends).

1 comment:

Kristy said...

Abby - I'm so sorry to hear about your loss, but my prayers are with you and your family. And, may I say, your nieces look a lot like you!!! =) Dinner also looked scrumptious, although I'm not surprised, having had your delicious cooking before. =) We miss you here in Boston - looking forward to seeing you in July! Hugs to Ryan!