Monday, May 01, 2006

Kansas City...

Last week we flew to Kansas City for a couple of shows (one in Kansas and one in Missouri)....most of the shows lately have been outdoor festivals at colleges and universities. When we were at the airport flying to go there I got bummed all of a sudden when I realized I had forgotten to pack my new flip flops, especially since they were going to be outdoor shows...well, once we arrived, I realized that there would be no need for flip flops in the midwest yet...it's gorgeous during the day, but come evening it's chilly and damp...no longer flip flop weather. In fact, the show at Rockhurst University (MO) had to be moved indoors b/c it was raining...raining so much that it was said to be that they were to receive more rain that weekend, than what would be average for a whole month!


It wasn't until this trip out there that I realized how much I miss grass and big trees! It's something I took for granted while living there...perhaps similar to how Ryan feels like he took the mountains for granted while living in Tucson growing up. But, as much as I miss the lush green grass and shade from tall trees, I was very excited flying into Tucson knowing that it was going to be warm outside, even though it was 10pm.

Cameron's dad lives in Missouri, so I got to meet that side of his family. We had dinner at his dad's house and I got to meet all of his siblings...lots of fun little kids running around for the afternoon. Here is a picture of Cameron and his dad listening to the other band sound check before their show...

No comments: