Or, if you are in NYC, Saturday night at The Underground Cafe, 20 Murray St. at 8pm is the place to be. :)
Okay...onto being back in Boston. I LOVE this city! It's starting to get cold and when taking public transportation and walking everywhere, there is definitely the need to wear a hat, scarf, mittens, etc...but I love it! I love walking past cute shops and restaurants, I love waiting for the T, riding the T, reading The Metro on the T, I love the eclectic assortment of people on the sidewalks, I love the recycling containers on the sidewalks, I love how big the natural & organic section is at the grocery store, I love the memories we have from living and visiting here, I love the friendships we have here, ... Visiting Boston puts me on a bit of an emotional overload I suppose you could say. :)
We are staying with our friends, Lisa and Stace, and their kids, Abby and Cameron (fun pick of names, eh?) in Porter Square. Last night we had a wonderful dinner by candlelight, and then this morning the house was bustling with their friends over for breakfast. Ryan and I went to the ICA (Institute for Contemporary Art) in the South End, and for lunch at Flour Bakery and Cafe (YUM!). Ryan and I have determined that Contemporary Art is definitely our favorite art to see in a museum. There was a great exhibit going on by Tara Donovan using all common materials in large quantities...have a look...
Paper plates folded:

Toothpicks that were in a large crate and emptied out...not glue or adhesive used:

Foil paper:

And, my favorite...Styrofoam cups!
1 comment:
hello! I hope you had a great trip back home! look forward to talking to you soon! love, megan
Post a Comment