Saturday, November 08, 2008

More embarrassing moments...

We are in Hartford, CT this weekend for another NACA (National Association of Campus Activities) conference. Once again, thousands of college students in a small space where no embarrassing moment goes unnoticed. This time though, it was Ryan blushing instead of myself. We were all on the "up" escalator going to the ballroom for dinner, when Ryan decided to have a fun childhood-like moment and sit on the moving handrail...a fun balancing game of sorts, I suppose. Although, the game did not last more than 2 seconds, as the escalator started beeping and jerked to a halt...with everyone turning around to look at us to say, "Who did that? Who just got on and made it stop?" We followed suit and turned around to look who was behind us that could have possibly made is stop...the only problem is that there wasn't anyone behind us to pass the blame off to, so we just looked dumbfounded as if we had no idea why the escalator stopped. So, we all had to climb the escalator stairs, which by the way, why is it so much harder to climb escalator stairs than normal stairs?? After dinner, as we were on the "down" escalator we noticed that the "up" was still out of order with someone working to fix it...oops!

2 comments:

The Wallenfangs said...

I wish I could have been there! you painted a great picture---sorry for the mishap ryan, but it was pretty funny!

Anonymous said...

I bet you won't do that again....hehehe...

~Rache