Monday, November 03, 2008
Embarrassing Moments...
This past weekend we were in Peoria, IL at a NACA (National Association of Campus Activities) conference for midwest colleges to book their spring entertainment. Ryan and Cameron were in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan for the first 2 days of the conference, so I was there on my own to represent. Thousands of college students were in attendance, and hundreds of performers were there to woo them in. The showcases all took place in a gorgeous theater. I had my "usual place to sit" in the theater, and afterwards I would usually go directly across the hall to the Ladies room before returning to the expo center. Well, for one of the showcases someone was in my "usual seat" so I ended up going down two rows and finding a seat there. After the showcase ended, I continued my routine of going across the hall to the bathroom before returning to the expo center. However, this time I entered the bathroom and was hit by an overwhelming smell of urine..."that's funny, I don't remember that from before...", I thought to myself as I ventured in. I also pondered that I had remembered the bathroom being much cuter...you know, the little couch and mirror in the "foyer" to the actual bathroom area, but I just blew it off thinking that I had been in a lot of different bathrooms over the past week's adventures of hotels, colleges, etc. and that I must be thinking of the wrong place. It wasn't until I was ALL THE WAY into the bathroom that I realized that there were very few stalls, and a whole wall of urinals!! ACK...moving a couple of rows down in the theater meant coming out there door directly across from the MENS bathroom! Luckily, there were no men IN the bathroom, but because I waited until the showcase was over to go to the bathroom, it meant that THOUSANDS of college students were streaming out the doors directly across from the mens bathroom, and I would for sure be seen exiting. So, I walked out quickly, head down, cheeks reddening, as I walked up three short stairs to the ladies room...where it smelled of potpourri and had it's cute little sofa waiting for me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Ha ha ha!!!!!!! Ohhhh Abby. Thanks for the laugh. Men's and women's bathrooms are SOOO different and thank goodness for that!!!
Rumor confirmed! Chris tells me that mens rooms are icky and pee-pee smelling and is reluctant to believe that ladies rooms have couches and poupouri! Why such a vast discrepancy? Thanks for doing the field research!
Post a Comment