Today though, was kind of my breaking point...all I wanted to do was figure out a way to teleport myself to Wisconsin to be with him! But, alas, I remained in Tucson...and it turned out to be a pretty good day!
This morning Grammie came over for lunch. We had soup and salad on the back patio. Although it is still hot in the sun here, the shade provides a great breeze. And, since it starts getting hot later in the day, I hadn't really planned my laundry duty too well, and well, the clothes were still drying on the line while we ate lunch...which might not seem like a big deal, until you see where our clothes line is in our backyard...we were pretty much "fenced" in on the patio with clothes blocking our mountain view. Oh well, the company was great, and anything to make Grammie give a belly laugh is worth it. :)
Then, I went to Ginger's funeral at the pet cemetery. Ginger was Gary, Mary, and Rachel's dog for the past 12 years, but died a couple of weeks ago from cancer. And, it just so happens that there is a pet cemetery right next to where Gary is buried. Originally Mary just planned on having Ginger buried there with a little headstone, but a funeral service comes with the package...so 6 of us went this afternoon to share our memories of Ginger. It was actually a cool ceremony. The woman leading it, read a children's book which she then gave to Rachel, recited a poem about pets, and also read an obituary that they wrote up about Ginger. All in all it was about 15 minutes long. I couldn't help but noticing on my way out that there were "family plots". At first I thought, "Gosh they have lost a lot of pets"...in my head thinking cats, dogs, etc. But then I read closer and they were for fish, gerbils, rats, etc...I kind of wish I could've met that family. :)
I often eat pretty random stuff when Ryan is gone (a can of soup, tuna out of the can, cheese, ...no real meal ever), but tonight was great!! Carne asada, salad, and leftover soup from lunch this afternoon.
After dinner, I took a great bike ride out Old Spanish Trail, and finished heading west looking out at the gorgeous sunset! I wish I would've brought my camera with me! But I thought the responsible thing to do was bring my cell phone, and well, I didn't have room to carry both. But here is a pre-ride photo...
And, the tail end of the sunset...
Goodnight!
1 comment:
Hang in there, Abby! Good work with the food--it looked delicious! I always eat cereal when Eric is gone. Or (something I learned from you in Baldwin) apples with peanut butter and raisins.
Post a Comment