Friday, October 24, 2008

I might be your pet peeve

A friend of mine just wrote a blog post with "pet peeve" in the title, and it reminded me of a post I had thought to do a while ago, but never got around to it...

So, apparently I am often "that person" who does what it is that soo annoys you! This has only become known to me recently when I've been part of discussions where people are stating their pet peeves, and I realize, that I do what they are talking about!! Only, I never realized anyone was annoyed by it...oops! When in these conversations, I never know if I should sheepishly admit to it, or be defensive that clearly there is nothing wrong with the action that has taken place. If you know me well, I usually just start laughing in awkward situations, so luckily that has taken care of the problem both times this has occurred.

Pet Peeve Confessions:

#1--I love getting on the plane, waiting until it takes off and I can once again lower my tray table, and then pulling out my dinner (usually with some sort of strong aroma) and eating it. I view this as waiting until I can really enjoy the meal and not be stressed out about making my connection, etc. Apparently though, this is really annoying to have to smell someone else's dinner in such a confined space...sorry!

#2--Well, I never realized that the reason why there is frequently paper towel all ready to tear is because someone took the time to do that before they washed there hands as to not re-contaminate with germs. I on the other hand see a lingering paper towel ready to be torn from the dispenser and use it...and then I'm out the door and on my merry way, totally oblivious to the fact that someone was probably giving me dirty looks the whole time I was drying my hands...oops!

Those are the only two I can think of right now...but I'm sure you will all post comments now and remind me of the gagillion other things I do that annoy you...please forgive me! :)

1 comment:

Heidi said...

Oh, that is so funny! I am usually only jealous of the people with food on the plane, because I wish I had my own, and I have never even noticed the paper towel thing! :) How I love pet peeves! :)