Friday, October 10, 2008

Steven's Story

Before I write Steven's story, I realized that I forgot to mention in my original Bitone post that another item I want to focus on collecting to bring over is mosquito nets!

Steven's Story...as told by Steven in a local language and translated for the newsletter.

My name is Steven Kyobe and I came from the street. To come to the street my parents had died of AIDS and I was the only child at home with nothing to eat. And when I reached the street I found there many children who had different characters and many of them used to steal people's properties. So I decided to get one friend so that he could help me to get what to eat. I got a friend and his name was Herbert. He had some "tins" he used to play with and he also trained me how to play the tins. So one day my friend had gone to steal and I remained alone on the street playing my tins and two men came towards me and gave me sweets and told me that I should go with them because the sound of the tins I used to play from the tins was good and interesting. But as I was talking with them, my friend Herbert came back and asked me what those men were telling me. I was fed up with being on the street, so I accepted to go with them. After one month when I was in Bitone Children's Home, I found out that the situation was good and I went back for my friend when I was looking good and smart. Good enough my friend was also attracted to come to Bitone. We are now living at Bitone home and we are so happy that we were saved. We can dance, sing and even play music instruments which are very good. I thank God and I discourage children most especially those with talents from going to the street that one time God will remember them since he is their Creator. Lord I don't know how I can thank you, but thank you!

No comments: