Wednesday, November 05, 2008

Yes We Can!


I've grown to absolutely love the above slogan. It has so much hope. So much positivity. So much enthusiasm. Watching the news as the polls closed and then Obama's acceptance speech last night was absolutely moving. I'm so excited and hopeful to be apart of a country where any child can dream of being the president, where I can go to another country and not be embarrassed to say that I'm an American, where I can afford to have health insurance, where there is an end to war, where I--and hopefully others--have a little less fear to bring a child into this world because of the previous two reasons, where poverty is addressed, where our children's education is valued...the list goes on.

The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep. We may not get there in one year or even one term, but America – I have never been more hopeful than I am tonight that we will get there. I promise you – we as a people will get there.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Abby - can't wait to see you next Friday! My two favorite moments, showing both how eloquent our president-elect is, and how encompassing dedicated to ALL americans he is, are:

"to put their hands on the arc of history and bend it once more toward the hope of a better day."

and

"And to those Americans whose support I have yet to earn – I may not have won your vote, but I hear your voices, I need your help, and I will be your President too."

Hope is alive! Yes we can!

Miss you, love reading and keeping up with you. Hugs,

Kristy