Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Praise!

You may remember me blogging to you about our friend Trish Ryan last spring after her book He Loves Me He Loves Me Not came out. Part of her story involves fasting and praying for a husband (whom she has met and now been happily married to for 5 years). Last year and now again this year, she has created a blog community for people to experiment with this idea of fasting from something in prayer of something. Wanting something soo much that you are willing to give up something else for it, and most importantly, look to God to see how He is going to provide. I decided to join her this year in fasting from the computer (I have limited myself to 1 hour per day) in prayer of our finances since it has been rather tight. And by that I mean, really tight.
We usually rent our house out in the winter months when we are on the road for an extended period of time, and Tucson is a desirable place to be. However, we have NEVER gotten a call in the summer. This week we received not one, but FIVE phone calls about renting out our house! Two of those calls were for renting it this summer yet, and 3 for the winter. One of the summer rentals isn't going to work out, but the other is. At first I questioned them coming to Tucson in the summer (who'd come to where it's 110 degrees!?!), sure that they were going to pack up our whole house and get out of town before we knew it and we'd be left with nothing. But then I thought, I'd rather choose that this is a gift from God from this fast. And, with that, I've felt at peace about it. In fact, we learned that it's actually a pastor from Connecticut coming out to rent the house. And, on top of that I got a dog/house sitting job for that same time period, so we'll be paid to rent our home and paid to stay in someone else's home to live in while ours is being rented. And, January through March are already rented for next Winter while we'll be out on the road touring!

1 comment:

The Wallenfangs said...

amazing! that is a great praise! you and ryan are held in God's hands!