Thursday, June 18, 2009

Will sew for music!

Last night we went and saw Bela Fleck play with Toumani Diabate at the Rialto Theatre in Tucson. AMAZING! For those of you not familiar with Bela Fleck he's a virtuoso on the banjo, he along with Chris Thile are probably two of Ryan's largest influences. Toumani Diabate is a Milian (west African) kora player...also a virtuoso! He is the 71st generation of his family to play the kora. Bela was in Africa a few years ago which musically inspired his latest cd, "Throw Down Your Heart", and this is his tour for that album.

So, naturally I had to sew a new skirt using my African fabric to commemorate our African music night!
I used this book to create my own pattern...


...and voila!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'd love to you in the skirt.

megan said...

ooo...very nice! i am about to embark on a skirt a la abby making project too! it's the one where you take an old pair of pants and add fabric. should be fun!