Monday, September 21, 2009

New York!

It is sooo great to be back with Ryan, who thoroughly appreciated my bump and did a great job of making me feel like it was huge, just like I wanted. :)
Life back on the road has been wonderful! My flight into New York was delayed so I had to go straight to the venue in NYC. It's fun playing at some of these venues where we've now played 3, 4, even 5 times. Seeing the people who organize the show is half of the fun. We ate dinner with the promoters and then stayed and chatted for another good chunk of time after the show.
That night we stayed with Ryan's friend Katie from high school and her husband Steve...as well as their fantastic posse of friends, who are totally what I picture when I think of the TV show FRIENDS, even though I've never seen it. Again, we somehow managed to stay up until 4am playing board games...loved it. :)

We are now in Buffalo, NY staying with Melissa McGreevy, my roommate from the early Boston days of City Year. She lives in a cute part of the city that is surrounded by parks and easily accessible by bike. I'm loving the fall weather and the early changing of the leaves. This morning we ate breakfast out on the front porch, and in a little while we are going to head over to Niagra Falls.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i bet your belly was twice the size of what it was when he last saw you!! that baby is growin'!
love,
megan