As many of you know the last Ryanhood recording experience was a long one, and shall I even go as far to say...filled with lots of less-than-happy memories. It was made with a "big name" in the recording industry, and with lots of "big names" playing other instruments, but it also cost big money (as in we are still paying it off). The process took so long that by the time the record came out, the songs were no longer Ryanhood's new songs, which was a bit of a drag.
During this one-year sabbatical from touring, Ryan and Cameron have been wanting to record a new album. They both have been super creative and writing a lot, which has been really fun for me (and Ezra)! (I mean...I love the old tunes and all, but it's nice to hear some new material around the house. :) They have about 20 songs that haven't been recorded, and are so new that I have to have Ryan remind me how they go when he says the name of the tune, because quite frankly I haven't even gotten the names down yet (and no, that does not make me a bad wife...it just means they are quite prolific :).
The plan is to start recording this month, and well, since we haven't been touring to make moulah, Ryan&hood decided to do a "kick-start campaign" to raise money for the recording process. This time they are recording in Tucson with the help of a friend who is well-experienced, and with more friends playing the other instruments. It's been nice to watch Ryan have so much fun and get super excited about this record and recording process...soo different than last time. And, all of the recording should be done in about a month which means the songs will still be super new and fresh when they come out! Yay!
(sorry this is becoming a long story...but it's a cool one, I promise...)
So, they started the "kick-start campaign" last Thursday (December 2nd) around midnight. The goal was to raise $3,000 by December 24th which would be the bare minimum of what they needed to record a great record. And, by 4pm on December 3rd, they were already around $4,200!!! We were totally overwhelmed by the generosity of sooo many friends, fans, family, etc...it has been truly humbling. It's also super exciting, because this means we can use any money over $3,000 to pay back the people we owe for the last record, as well as hire a publicist, etc. to help this new record really get out there and be heard.
Here's their video for the campaign, it's pretty fun if I do say so myself.
2 comments:
I hadn't yet watched the video!! Thanks for pointing it out...hilarious. It should be one of the treasures..."a special bonus DVD complete with with the blooper reel"
:)
E
Thanks for the link to the video! I'm so impressed (and I can't wait to hear the new songs). Congrats!
stephanie@metropolitanmama.net
Post a Comment