Sunday, June 05, 2011

Visiting family

Today we drove up to Shelby to visit my Great Aunt Dorothy, and her daughter Karen. Dorothy is my Grandma Echelbarger's sister-in-law. Although her circulation in her legs isn't so great...she's still quite active. She is the town's 5th grade class' penpal. They all write her, and she writes them back each individually. She knits. She's always is in the middle of a puzzle. She quilts beautiful quilts. By hand! Oh, and she's a red-hatter. :)

Ezra playing in the yard. He was actually quite intrigued by mole hills and determined to catch a mole by hand. Unsuccessful, but had fun trying.




I'm not sure if you can see how dirty his face is, but it was nice and coated with a fine layer of black dirt.


The old, yet so classic footstool that turns into a chair...


Our little shepherd...


Playing on Great Aunt Dort's grandparents' piano...




Karen (my mom's cousin), me, Ezra, and Great Aunt Dorothy...

1 comment:

How Jess Reads said...

Gpa and Gma Green had that same footstool/chair!

Also I love that the whole class has your aunt for a penpal. Small class I hope?