I would totally vote for this guy, wouldn't you??
As you may notice in the top photo I am covering up some little man parts; we have decided to go almost exclusively diaper-free at home these days.
Ezra has discovered that peeing while standing up (into his little potty on the floor...or outside) is pretty much the coolest thing ever. And, so is flushing the toilet (lucky for us and our water bill, the flusher is on top of the toilet, so we have to lift him up in order for him to flush it).
Up until Saturday he wouldn't tell us when he had to go to the bathroom, however if we made the "zzz" cueing sound that we've been using with him since he was an infant, he'd go within seconds...even if he only had a few drops in him. :) So, as long as we were frequent with giving him the opportunity to go to the bathroom, there were no "accidents" (I don't really like to use that word since "accident" sounds like he did something wrong, when really he didn't, but for lack of a better word...)
On Saturday however Ryan's little sister was over for the day, so we decided to keep things modest and have Ezra wear a diaper. We would still give him frequent opportunities to go to the bathroom, which he'd do "on command". But, he also started taking off his diaper and bringing it to us when he needed to go to the bathroom, and then pee in his potty.
That night we went to a Ryanhood concert and were gone for 3+ hours, and when we got home he was still dry.
So for the whole day, his only wet diaper was during his nap.
Totally sweet!
On Sunday the trend continued, even while we were at a friend's house. Although, instead of taking his diaper off and bringing it to us, he would say "mama" and sign "more". We are still working on the sign for "potty". Even though it's probably the first sign I started doing with him...it's the one that he still doesn't do. Oh well...we seem to be able to communicate his needs just fine without it.
On topic, but not...
I will share that the other day I went in his little playhouse and I saw something brown on the floor, and immediately thought, "oh dear...poop!"...thankfully it was just a couple of lincoln logs though. :)
2 comments:
The shirt is adorable!
And along the lines of not having a better word for 'incident' -- E now says, "YUCK!" every time she pees/poops. I know that started because to keep her from putting her hand into poop while I was changing her, I would say "yuck! don't touch!" Now how to explain to her that bodily functions are perfectly normal, it's just the touching the poop part that's gross? :P
I'd vote for Ezra! Love the stencils. And the ECing update. I'm finally at a place where I can begin to think about this and would love any advice you have as we get started.
Post a Comment