On our flight home from Disney World, a very tired someone kept throwing paci (short for pacifier) instead of taking a nap. And, by "throwing paci", I don't just mean a little toss in the air...we are talking chucking it across the plane. So, we said that if he threw paci again it was going to go in dada's pocket and he wouldn't get it back. When we said this we didn't mean that he would never ever get it back. We just meant he wouldn't get it back for the rest of the flight. But then we (Ryan and I) talked and realized that paci had to go at some point, and that moment was just as good as any.
That night Ezra was so tired he fell asleep on the car ride home and the "paci issue" was nonexistent. Then he came down with strep throat and I felt like a horrible mom that I wasn't giving him the comfort of paci, but truthfully in hindsight this totally helped get rid of paci because he was so tired he'd just fall asleep whenever and wherever (in the past paci was only used for bedtime).
By the time he was back to himself and asked for paci, we just said, "remember you were throwing him on the plane". And then he filled in the blanks with, "Paci at Disney World?" "With a-Mick-a-Mouse?" And we just said "yup" and left it at that. It was wayyy easier of a transition than I ever expected it to be. Now whenever anyone asks him where paci is, he seems proud to tell them that paci is with Mickey Mouse.
I wanted to get on video his pronunciation of "Mickey Mouse" because it was more like "A-Mick-A-Mouse" and made me smile every time I heard it. But of course I waited too long (as in maybe 1 day too long?!) and he now says it like the rest of the world...but I thought I'd share the video anyway...
1 comment:
Is Raffa still with Mickey Mouse too? Love, Mom
Post a Comment