Yesterday morning I had my 6-month check-up at the dentist office. I am one of those that actually likes going to the dentist. I think this is because as a child I had a funny hygienist that always joked around, and at the end of the appointment I would always get my photo taken for the "No Cavity Kid" wall after I picked out my toy from the treasure chest.
Yesterday's appointment once again started out with smiles and laughs. My hygienist told me it looked like I had been doing a great job brushing and flossing. Then my dentist came in, took a look at my x-rays, told me I had perfect teeth and that I should thank my parents for those genes (thanks mom and dad!). One look and two pokes with the sharp metal thing in my mouth though, and the mood changed. The dentist told me that I have not one, but TWO cavities!! I felt like I was such a disappointment to both the hygienist and dentist since they had just been praising me...I guess looks really don't tell a person anything. Now, these cavities might not seem like a big deal to many, but these are my first cavities in my adult teeth! I guess if I hadn't reached adulthood before, this is officially my entrance into this next stage of life.
1 comment:
Abby - this is CRAZY! I feel the same way about the dentist, and last week I went for my checkup (and my dentist is a friend of Jay's), and I have MY first cavity! I also felt sad and that I had disappointed her (because SHE had just been commenting on how great my teeth were). It's like we're in parallel universes! We can commiserate together, honey. :) Miss you! - Kristy
Post a Comment