Saturday, November 08, 2008

Working with a couple of hotties...

I am in a very fun position to work full-time with my husband. I do the booking, mail out the promo, and do all of that fun stuff months before the show, and then at the actual show, I sell their merchandise: cds, shirts, posters, etc. It is a very humorous position because most of the concert-goers have no idea that I have any connection with the band, let alone that I am married to one of the band members.

Some fun moments have included:

**(said to friend also at the merch table while looking at posters), "Oh my gosh, they are so hot...who do you think is cuter, Ryan or Cameron?" ... "I'm totally going to hang this [poster] over my bed."

**(said to me by two effeminate gentleman after a show), "Are you their manager?" Me:"I do their tour managing and booking." Them: "The guy who stands on the leftside of the stage [Ryan] is soo hot!" Me (unable to keep a straight face): "I think so too...he's my husband." Them (said while giving me high fives and hugs in celebration): "Oh giiiiirrlll...you get him...you get him...girrrlll!"

**(said at merch table before a show to a girl buying a ridiculous amount of merchandise before even seeing them play), Me: "Have you heard Ryanhood play before?" Girl: "Ummm...my friend like knows them personally." (I had no response to this one...I wish I knew who her friend was so I could have an in with the band too.)

**(At a past NACA conference while handing out neckties to students in our expo booth, a girl was asking Ryan for his personal necktie when I interrupted), Me: "Wow, he's going to give you his own tie?" Ryan: "Well, she said she'd bring it back to me by the end of the conference." College girl: "It's because he's totally in love with me". (Ryan and I then look at each other with a laugh in our eyes...if only she knew..). :)

2 comments:

Tristy said...

Wow.....that picture says it's all. Those ARE a couple of hotties. lol

Anonymous said...

Abby I'm really glad you are so down to earth! Those comments are hilarious (And scary lol)...

~Rache