Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Two steps forward, three steps back?

Our last hotel of the tour turned out be pretty sweet, despite the lack of a trusted name. (Normally I'm anti-chains...I like small businesses, but when it comes to hotels...I like the consistency and cleanliness that comes with recognizable names). This particular hotel was called "The Lodge", and well, it looked like a lodge! Log cabin on the outside, and log cabin-looking on the inside...very cute. AND, it had a putt-putt golf course in the back that guests could use for free! The owner told us we were the first golfers of the season, so we had to clean off the twigs, and astroturf was a bit water-logged...

...but she never said anything about the dog losing his leg over the hard winter!


Onto other things...
Our road "kitchen" has moved up in ranks! We recently discovered the electric skillet! (So much better than having to use a hot plate with a pot/pan on top of it)...the electric skillet totally simplifies the cooking process...not to mention it's way bigger, and heats up much faster! The only problem now though, is that we are often tempted to plug it in outside of gas stations so we can eat hot food for lunch instead of eating our tiresome turkey sandwiches. :)

1 comment:

Trish Ryan said...

You guys are too funny...I LOVE the skillet!!!