So, we decided not to go to Niagra Falls afterall. Though it was a good option, we decided instead to have a date day and ride "our" bikes to the park on Lake Erie and play frisbee. Though the Buffalo shores of Lake Erie are not quite as wooded and beautiful as Lake Michigan...it was a beautiful park and a wonderful date!
After returning home we walked down the street from where Melissa lives and continued our date at a coffee shop...of course we had to get the massive golden graham treat...the one cereal where our childhoods collide. (Ryan lived on sugar cereal growing up, and I was only allowed to eat it when our family went camping, at which times I always opted for Golden Grahams. I don't know why my parents thought this was a good idea to give us sugar cereal when camping considering giving kids sugar while all staying within a small enclosed camper at night seems like a sleepless night for all...but I never complained...a break from Grape Nuts was much appreciated. :)
Last night we made a brief stop in Grand Rapids...and today we are headed to Rensselaer, Indiana! Some of the leaves are starting to turn the most beautiful and vibrant shades of red and orange...lots of ohhhing and ahhhing at the nature around us happening in the big ol' Green Machine we call home.
2 comments:
the date sounded like a great alternative! and the golden graham treat...it looks most delicious!
love,
megan
If I remember correctly, you sometimes got a box of sugar cereal for Christmas. Another situation that wasn't thought out very well:)
Love,
Mom
Post a Comment