Sunday, January 10, 2010

A proper farewell....

Many of you who live in Boston and Michigan know the full story of Appy (my computer), but those that I've met in the last 4 years while living in Tucson may not know the fullness of her precious meaning to me.

Right after Ryan and I had just started dating, he got in his head that he was going to find a way to get me a computer of my own. At the time I was in grad school, interning, and working...and also relying on the public library's computers for writing papers, doing research, and of course emailing Ryan. :) Do-able, but difficult. Totally unbeknown to me, he contacted my friends and family who then also contacted more friends and family asking people to chip in for me to get a computer...and then on December 3, 2004...Appy was gifted to me with a wonderful card of so many names of people who made it possible. It was one of those moments of realizing how many people are rooting me on and also how when we all give just a little something really big can happen! So once more I'd like to thank everyone for Appy...especially the wonderful man behind the idea to begin with. :)

And now I present to you the photos from Appy's arrival:








2 comments:

Anonymous said...

as i was reading this post, I felt the very first little flips of our new little guy! hip hip hooray!

(he is obviously moved by the generosity of so many, and he bids farewell to i guess)

love,
megan

Kristin said...

this last picture is perhaps my favorite! so much joy and excitement on your face. what a fabulous idea Ryan had way back. adios appy.