Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Weekend in Phoenix!

Two weeks ago our friend Jacob ran the PF Chang half marathon in Phoenix. I love road races. Some would travel for a professional sporting event, I travel to watch friends run...and usually leave with the bug of wanting to run another half marathon myself (as I did this time).

I went up a day early to visit our friend Jen who had her 2nd baby last month!
Joshua (6 weeks), Corban (18 months), and Jen (no age disclosure here :)


I spent the night with Ryan's cousin Danell and had fun chatting and knitting (didn't think to take photos!)

And then the following morning took my position with Samantha on the race course to cheer away!


We were good cheerleaders, really we were. However, somehow we never managed to see Jacob on the course! We have no idea how this happened. The first place runners went by and the walkers went by, and somehow he was in the mix of 30,000 people in the middle and we totally missed him. :( Even without our cheering, he ran a fantastic race! Congrats Jacob!

2 comments:

megan said...

i'm sure there are plenty of comments about baby joshua, but he is the biggest hunk of 6 week old love i have ever set my eyes on! sweet baby!!!


and let's talk half marathons....i'm going to need a goal! :) (baby in mid-may, race in Sept? possible? please talk me into it)

love,
megan


p.s. i LOVE how pregnant you are looking these days!

Eileen Short said...

GOOOOOOOOOOO TEAM JACOB!!