Saturday, January 30, 2010

Spontaneity...Tucson at its finest!

Ryan is on tour in the colder parts of the country. Last night he was in Iowa, and today he'll be driving to Chicago where he'll get to stay with our friend Kerry. Then tomorrow its off to Michigan for a house concert in my parent's livingroom! To say I wish I could be with him right now, is a huge understatement...I'd give anything to be out on the road with him...in the snow, together, visiting friends and family all over the country...I really was made for touring in a way that I could have never guessed before meeting Ryan.

But, for now...I'm in Tucson. The sun is shining. The baby is growing. And, I'm getting to have a lot of great quality time in with friends here. When we first moved to Tucson I was totally taken aback by the spontaneity of life. And this week, I've been reminded of it, and how much I love it! For example, on Monday night I got a text from a friend's husband saying he wanted to throw her a birthday party on Tuesday. So, on Tuesday, with less than 24 hours of notice, there was a wonderful birthday party complete with dinner and gaming!

Then on Thursday night I got a text from Melissa saying she was going to have a girls movie night on Friday. So, last night we had a fun girls movie night! We watched Fried Green Tomatoes (my first time seeing it...LOVED it!)...and stayed up chatting/eating 'movie snacks' until we realized it was almost 1am and we all needed to get home and go to sleep.

I hope you all have a great weekend and add in a little bit of spontaneity! :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm sad you're not on the tour either, because then we could see you! but, I'm really glad that life in tucson is full of fun!

love,
megan